Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Wraps
Young chefs will love this tasty recipe, and they can easily help with the assembly of the wraps.
- 1 1/2 lbs peppered bacon, thick-sliced
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 6 Tbs mayonnaise, or salad dressing
- 1 10 oz bag iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Place bacon slices side by side on griddle. Cook on medium-high heat until crisp and browned on both sides.* Drain on paper towels; keep warm. For each wrap, place flour tortilla on plate; spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise over top. Place 1 cup lettuce, about 1/2 of a tomato and 3 to 4 slices cooked bacon on top. Roll from one side to the other. Cut in half.
- *Baked Bacon Option: Place bacon slices side by side on a rack in a shallow baking pan with sides. Bake in a 400° F. oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until crispy. Drain well on paper towels.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with chips and fresh seasonal fruit.
Substitution Tip: For variety, add 2 peeled, seeded and chopped avocados or 1/2 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper.
Calories from Fat 265 (52%)
(43%)Total Fat 28g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 25g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.