California Cuisine Pizza
A white sauce made of ricotta and mozzarella replaces traditional tomato sauce in this garlicky chicken pizza creation.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 Tbs garlic oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 16 oz prebaked pizza crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 10 oz pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 Tbs chopped sun-dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In large skillet, heat garlic oil. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear. Stir in seasoning and remove from heat. Combine ricotta and mozzarella; spread on prebaked pizza crust. Spread spinach over cheese mixture; add chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake pizza at 425°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 portions for 4 servings or cut in smaller, bite-sized portions to use as an appetizer. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Nutrition note: If no garlic oil, add fresh or granulated garlic.
Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Calories from Fat 206 (39%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 50g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.