Chicken Breasts Normandy
Tart Granny Smith apples, fresh ginger root, and apple cider enliven chicken breast with a taste of autumn.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 small onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, finely minced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut in wedges
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken well with seasoned flour. In large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts to skillet and saute for 2 minutes on each side, just until golden. Remove chicken to casserole dish, arranging in single layer.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger root to the skillet; cook 1 minute. Stir in apple slices. Blend in cider, brown sugar and vinegar. Simmer on low heat 4 to 5 minutes. Pour mixture over chicken and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, serving at once. (If sauce does not thicken into glaze, remove chicken to plates and stir 1 teaspoon flour mixed with 3 tablespoons cider into casserole dish. Cook and stir over medium heat, just until thickened. Spoon over chicken and serve.)
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 117 (30%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.