Grilled Chicken and Peach Kabobs
When it's time to fire up the grill, try these sweet and savory chicken kabobs. They're peachy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 16 cremini mushrooms
- 3 ripe peaches, cut into eighths (may use frozen if fresh not available)
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- Marinade1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarse grainy mustard
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- If using wooden skewers, place in water and soak for at least one hour.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch dice. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper, and zest. Slowly whisk in olive oil to combine.
- Thread chicken, zucchini rounds, mushrooms, and peach slices onto skewers, alternating ingredients. Be sure to leave enough space at bottom of skewer to hold and turn.
- Place skewers in a single layer on a sheet pan or baking dish and pour marinade over, turning skewers to distribute marinade. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate. Marinate, turning skewers occasionally, for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat grill on high heat. Place skewers on grill and cook, turning, for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 143 (51%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.