Sweet and Spicy Bulgur Lamb
The delicate flavor of lamb goes well with the sweetness and spice in this one-pan meal.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb lamb tenderloins, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 tsp hot paprika
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked medium grain bulgur, warm
- 3/4 cup sliced olives
- 3/4 cup diced tangerine segments (1/2-inch)
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 2 Tbs chopped mint
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbs toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and sprinkle with paprika. Season with salt to taste and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add bulgur, olives, tangerines, shallots, blueberries, mint and cinnamon to lamb and toss until evenly mixed. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Copyright © 2005 by Dana Jacobi
Calories from Fat 106 (33%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.