Warming Chicken and Asian Vegetable Soup
Comforting chicken noodle soup with fresh ginger, snow peas, and mint.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, cut into thin slivers
- 8 cups (2 qts) chicken broth
- 1 Tbs chili paste
- 1 piece ginger, about 4 inches wide, unpeeled, chopped coarsely
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, place chicken broth, chili paste, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Bring mixture to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.
- In another large pot, place chicken slices and carrots. Strain heated broth over chicken and carrots. Simmer over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Stir in snow peas; simmer 1 minute. Stir in scallions, bean sprouts and mint; simmer an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 118 (36%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.