Chicken Chile Mac 'n Cheese
This Mac 'n Cheese fuses elements of Japanese, Mexican and Italian cuisine to give a delicious new twist to the classic comfort dish.
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Anaheim chile peppers, diced
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 lb.) box macaroni pasta, cooked
- 8 oz diced grilled chicken breast
- 1 (6 oz.) can olives, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup Japanese style panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted and foamy. Stir in peppers and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 more minutes until smooth and golden. Whisk in chicken broth, a half cup at a time, until smooth and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and remove from heat. Add pasta, chicken and olives and pour into a lightly greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs, sprinkle with paprika and bake in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Calories from Fat 56 (16%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.